05 March 2009

Not much going on...

What to say, what to say? Kevin went to a job fair this week, but that was basically a waste of time. Nothing really eventful happened this week until just today. Kevin's sister called me today and told me that they are going to be able to go forth with their adoption as soon as they are ready. They thought that they were going to have to wait until November, but we are sooooo excited for them and we cannot wait to welcome and unknown number of new nieces and/or nephews into our family.
Also, today, Geneva let go of a chair and took two steps towards me. It made me feel like a million bucks. You see, Geneva is much closer to Kevin than she is to me. She usually wants him and she actually says "Hi, Dada". She also would only wave to him for a few days when she first started waving. Well, she took steps to me which makes me feel great, even though she still won't say "mama", or anything close to it.

After the last post, a few people wanted to know where I work. So here is the story. My degree is a Bachelors in Human Exceptionality. It is basically a degree in special education, but I didn't student teach because Maddy was so little. So, last summer my sister-in-law Erin took a class that got me back in touch with some of my friends and professors from the college of education. At the College of Ed there is a program for kids with disabilities called Saturday School. This program not only gives parents a break, but it also allows the SPED 350 students and opportunity to observe students with disabilities and then work directly with them in a classroom setting. I am one of the co-teachers of Saturday School until April 4th. So, basically I play all day. That is what I do for my job, besides the obvious work of being a full time Mom Monday- Friday. My paid job is 6 hours a week, mostly on Saturday's which is nice because Kevin gets to be at home with the girls. And since he isn't home during the week, he gets to catch up on his time with them. I hope that explanation wasn't too long.
I love being an at home Mom. And I really love working with kids with disabilities, but just this short experience working out of my home makes me realize how much I love staying at home.

I hope that every one has a great week. Until next time!!!!

4 comments:

Ryan and Julianne said...

What a perfect arrangement with your Saturday job. A little extra moulah, a way to use your degree in that type of a setting, and a way to let Kevin catch up on his girl time. Win-win-win in every way I can see, so that's great!

The Lane Family said...

That is so cool about your job. I like how it gives Kevin a chance to be with the kids and you a chance to do something you enjoy as well. I am also happy about the adoption process and wish them a lot of luck!!! I hope things go well with finding a job..hey you could even end up out here with the rest of us crazies!!

Josie and Wayne said...

That's awesome Geneva walked to you! Briella is a little daddy's girl too. She actually cries when he leaves sometimes, and she gets so excited to cuddle with him when he comes home. I guess it's good for these daddy's to be so loved.

Shamae (Ghost written by Loren her hubby) said...

Good update, as usual! Cute pics of the girls and yay for Geneva walking!!!