12 February 2009

Sledding, Chores, and Pigtails!!!

I got home from work on Saturday and Geneva was awake and Maddy woke up very soon after. SOOOOO, since the sun was shining -SHOCKER!!!- we took the girls out to play. First we just walked through the slush and the puddles, then we decided to go sledding. It was just a tiny little hill, but it was perfect and sooooooooooooooooooo much fun. Geneva even got to participate. I think that Maddy and I could have stayed out there all day, but Geneva got cold and we wanted to spend time together so we all went inside.
One of Maddy's New Year's Goals is to learn about chores and how to do chores. She did all of her chores for 2 weeks in a row. She was so excited when she filled up her chore chart with stickers. For a reward she decided that she wanted to go to "The Hat" (Arby's) for lunch. It was a fun outing for all of us. She is still doing chores and on Monday if she does all of the chores she gets to go to the $1 store and find a jump rope. I love that we all have chore charts. I have found that when we have chore charts to fill up the house is much cleaner.
This past Sunday I had a few extra minutes, so I thought that I would really do Geneva's hair and as you can see she actually has enough hair to do 2 cute little pigtails. I thought that it was so adorable that I had to take pictures and what was even better was that she was such a happy girl and so smiley when I was taking the pictures.
Today was a difficult day for me. I don't know if I just woke up on the wrong side of the bed or what, but the kids were just pushing my buttons. Maybe it was just that I had a million things to do. I don't know. However, I do know that I am glad that I am a Mommy. I am also really grateful that I get to stay at home with my beautiful daughters. I know that there are plenty of women out there that would love to stay at home but can't, so I will just shut my mouth and be grateful. I am very grateful that Maddy is potty training and that Geneva is on such a great schedule.
Well, we are leaving on a trip tomorrow and next week I hope to blog lots of fun pictures from the trip. Have a great week and to all those out there that continue to check my blog and leave comments (Ashley Cammack and Family- I Love you and miss you so much) I promise that you are also on my mind all the time and I hope to email you back in the very near future.
Until Next Week-
Kendra

6 comments:

Matt and Christy said...

I wish that it would snow here! We have to drive to get to the snow, but it is so fun with little ones! Have fun on your trip.

Shamae (Ghost written by Loren her hubby) said...

Great pics!! I love the sunny days! I am hoping that spring comes real soon! We will have to have another play date real soon. Geneva is too cute with her piggy tails! I love them! Chore chart is a great idea. Way to go Maddy!! Have a great vacation and see you when you get back!

ashycam said...

Your girls are so adorable. Geneva just looks like a little girl with her hair all in pigtails. How adorable. I hear ya, on the whole stay at home mom thing. I have my bad days too frequently lately, yet I wouldn't change staying at home for anything. I love my girls and they are starting to play so well together (most of the time). Miss you!!

The Lane Family said...

you have the cutest kids and i cannot believe how big Geneva is getting. I remember last year at this time we were talking about being pregnant and betting on which baby(ies)would come first. I think about you guys often and miss some of the crazy times at Ridgecrest!!!!

Anonymous said...

It breaks my heart to know I've never even seen them in person, they are so cute. Remember I love and miss you. It's seems you've got a great guy, beautiful children, and wonderful life.

Furniss Family said...

Your kids are getting so big, I can't believe it!! What darlings too! Hope you guys are doing well, it sounds like things are very busy! Take care and good luck with everything/