Please, someone help me. I am going insane. Madeleine won't go to bed at night any more. We just had almost a 2 hour battle with her to stay in her bed. She has gotten so bad that she is even waking Geneva up. I can't just lock her in the room because she will scream and wake Geneva up. But I cannot continue to have these battles with her. I am not sure that I am willing to give up her naptime yet, but that might be my only option. This post is a call to anyone who has ever know a child that won't stay in bed. Please leave a comment or call me with any advice. Sorry that I don't really blog anymore. I have been really busy making Christmas presents and our desktop bites the big one. We love you all and hope that you are doing well!!!
Love-
Kendra
29 November 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)



7 comments:
Ya that is always a tough one...been there. I am not sure what to say exactly cause we just put a gate up in front of their door so they have to stay in bed,but that won't work cause she will wake up Geneva. If you do decide to cut naps, you can still do quiet time. She could have quiet time in your bedroom. Give her some crayons or books and she has to stay in there. It was difficult with Syd at first cause she wanted to come out, but now we have the hang of quiet time down and she does fine and I get my break while Morgan naps. You could also try cutting her naps shorter. Wake her up after an hour or something. Good luck and let me know how it goes and what you decide.
We have been through that and sometimes still have trouble. We have found with Hannah that she likes to read scriptures with us so we read 2 books and then during scriptures she has to go to sleep or she has to go to sleep without mom and dad. That is what is working at the new house. We actually started reading on the couch so she felt like she was staying up and then she had to lay down and snuggle up to mom or dad and not move around. Once she sat still for a while she was out. I don't know really what to tell you but that is what works for Hannah. We miss you guys. I wish we were closer to you so you could get a break. I think about you all the time. keep in touch. Love ya and good luck.
Hey Kendra and Kevin,
We recently had this battle with our kids, resulting in a night's sleep on the couch that did not go well. Emily would not stay in bed.
Our solution: we put Nathan (the good one) downstairs in a playpen and transfered Emily back into the crib. When Nathan began to wake up and scream in the mid-night, we'd put him in the playpen downstairs. After a few nights of him ending up downstairs he finally started sleeping all night. Emily is still in her crib.
You can borrow our playpen if you want.
-Robert and Trista Hibberd
Oh, Kendra. You know how hard it is to get Elijah to sleep at night! Over the last 18 months, there have only been a few nights where the boy didn't take 2 1/2 hours to go to sleep. The last two days, Elijah has not been able to take a nap. We tried, but he wasn't tired. When bedtime came along, he was out within 10 minutes- no fighting. Give it a try. You may miss the nap, but it is SO worth it at bed time! If not, try giving her shorter naps.
Also, try glow-in-the-dark stars on your ceiling. Elijah loves them, and it gives him a little of comfort at night.
Elijah also responded well to making a list at bedtime. He won't argue with it, because it is on the list. If she understands, you can try a reward chart, ie:
"If you go to bed like a big girl, you get a sticker. If you get three stickers, you get a cookie." You can use any reward that is special or rare. Eventually, you increase the number of stickers, and then she won't need them. She is a smart girl, and may respond to something like this.
Good luck. Love and miss you!
GO ahead and call me. SOunds like your friends have some advice. Me too, but I am not going to type it all up.
Gina
Yeah, we've had this struggle with Stuart since Brooklyn was born. We skip the nap and he goes to sleep an hour earlier, but he won't stay in his own bed so he falls asleep in our bed or the couch and then I put him in his bed. If you find something that works-let me know!
Yikes! I'm sooo sorry you have to deal with this right now. I have seen a technique done on Super Nanny that seems to work. I'll call you and tell you about it. I've been meaning to call you anyways so we can get together sometime. Hang in there.
Post a Comment