We have had so much fun recently. And we have lots of pictures to prove it. Maddy and Kevin went camping and shared a tent with our good friends Audrey and Wayne. I think the girls had more fun than the dads.
We have also been to "fish mountain" (as Maddy says) which is really Simplot Square in downtown Pocatello, the we went and tried some bread from Great harvest. 
Maddy had a great time playing "dress-up" for the first time with her friends Sydney and Morgan. While the kids played Shamae (my blogging guru) taught me all that she knows about blogging.
On Memorial day we went to the zoo and had a great time. Kevin and Maddy had lots of fun playing on the toys. Unfortunately, the slide had a huge puddle at the end so the "kids" didn't get to go down the slide.
We also had a special day with Maddy. We dropped Geneva off to a wonderful friends house and Kevin, Maddy and Kendra went to the fair. Maddy really liked all of the animals, lunch, and the funnel cake. Kendra really liked the huge pumpkins and the photo and needle work exhibits. Kevin really liked the funnel cake, the model train and the funnel cake. Did I mention that Kevin really liked the funnel cake? We were in a hurry so he had to share one with Maddy and Kendra. Maybe if we are around next year he will be able to eat his own. Also we missed out on the rides because they didn't open until 1pm and we had to be back to Geneva by noon. Oh well!
Lastly I wanted to share this picture of Kevin and Maddy and Geneva with all of their hair in hice ponytails. Madeleine has been pitching and absolute fit everytime I need to do her hair so this time Maddy got to do Kevin's hair while I did her hair. This is also the first time that Geneva's hair got put into a pigtail. It is pretty cute. If anyone has anytips about how to get Maddy to sit down and do her hair please leave a comment. 



11 comments:
Looks like lots of good times!! Having you guys over for dress-up and blogging was lots of fun. We will have to do it again soon. The fair is always lots of fun! Loren's favorite thing are the funnel cakes as well! As for Maddy's hair, let her brush her teeth while you do her hair. It always works for my girls...or let them brush a barbies hair. In your case, doing Kevin's hair worked too. Anyway good luck and see ya soon!
YOu came to the fair??? Did you come see us?? I don't recall seeing you guys! Bummer.
SOrry I missed out on the fun yesterday. I am sure Catelyn gave you a nice description. I was just sick enough to need a bathroom, my own bed and some time to rest.
Next time.
The pumpkin was huge at the fair, huh!
Oops! I forgot I was logged in under our ward blog, since that is my new calling.
GINA
Geneva is so cute! Well- everyone else is, too- its just that Geneva is changing so much. She is adorable! I don't have any advice about hair, but I let Elijah color or do something special while he does his nebulizer. You might pick a video game or something that she really likes, and only let her use it while her hair gets done. It might work...
So cute! Geneva doesn't even look like the same baby with her hair all done up. I wouldn't have recognized her if you didn't say who it was. As for the hair, I don't have much advice. I have to do Audrey's while she is brushing her teeth, watching cartoons, or eating breakfast. Distraction is key. Also, she isn't allowed to go outside until her hair is done, so that helps when she wants to go out. Good luck. You have a great family!
Tell Kevin I think his hair looks good like that. As for Maddy I would try what I do with Eva. I do her hair while she is watching her morning cartoon and having a snack or juice so her hands are busy. It seems to work pretty well for me.
I can't believe Kevin let Maddy do his hair. That's so cute! You have a cute blog Kendra. I can't believe this is the first time I've actually gotten time to see it. I love your family photo at the top!
The only experience I have with getting a little girly to sit still while doing her hair was to give her something more exciting to look at. I would sit our neice in front of the mirror, so she could look at herself, and then give her a comb, a hairbow, a book, etc., so that she was entertained while I did her hair.
Anyway -- good on you guys for doing lots of fun activities, that looks like alot of fun!
I can't believe how big Geneva is getting and how grown up maddy is. I miss you guys. Keep me posted I check everyday to see if you have done anything else, and see the progression.
Hey Kendra, how are you guys doing? I found your blog from a link on Shamae's. Geneva is such a doll and I can't believe how grown up Maddy looks. Hope you guys are doing great.
Personally Kevin's hair was my favorite. I can't do that with Robert's. Oh well, maybe I'll try it with Nathan's.
Post a Comment