30 June 2008

My first official blog

Hello All!!

This is the first time that I have officially blogged. I'm not even sure what to write. But here goes.
The last few weeks have been a bit crazy. We went of vacation with the Smtih's to the Columbia River Gorge. It was very fun and Geneva was blessed the day that we left. It is fun to see all of the family since we only get to see each other about twice a year. I loved having so much time to spend with Kevin. He is usually very busy with work stuff. I think my favorite parts of the vacation were the hot tub with a beautiful view of the river and playing games with the family at night. (I also loved the surprise birthday party that the family threw for me.)We also had the opportunity to ride on a train. Maddy thought it was pretty fun. One thing that is hard for us about traveling (especially with a newborn) is that we had to make the trip in two days. That means two days driving there and two days driving home. It is hard on all of us, but Maddy did a great job of staying in her sleeping bag even though we were all in the same room at the hotels. Also, I had the wonderful opportunity to sit in the back of the car and hold in Geneva's paci almost the whole trip. Let's just say that if I ever have to sit in the back of the car again it will be too soon.
And it was, because we returned to Pocatello on Monday the 16th and left for Idaho Falls on the 20th. We had a really fun weekend there where we got to see the family and relax. I also got to go clothes shopping with all of my birthday money. I am amazed at how much better I feel about myself because I am not in basketball shorts and a t-shirt everyday.

Enough about me. Kevin is still very busy with work and his internship. He leaves every morning between 7:30 am and 7:45 am to get there and he usually gets home around 1:30 pm. Then he has to deliver the mail eat a quick lunch and go do work stuff (show apts, check-ins/outs, make sure apts are ready for people, that kind of stuff).
Madeleine is getting so big and her motor skills astound me everyday. She can put her shoes on, hang from a bar (like at the playground) and she loves to jump and dance around. She also talks really well. Last Friday she fell/got bounced off of a trampoline and got a pretty good bump on her head. Kevin took her to the ER and she is doing fine now. We are about to start potty training, so if anyone has any great ideas please leave a note to inform me.

Geneva is becoming more of a joy everyday. She is starting to sleep better which makes me very happy. She even giggled for the first time today. She loves it when we stick out our tongues at her. She smiles and coos. She is also in love with sucking and chewing on Kevin's fingers, not mine, only Kevin's. That is ok with me. The one other thing that she loves to do is to stand. She is pretty strong for a 2 1/2 month old baby.

Well, that is all I have for now. I will try to keep updating this since Kevin is so busy, so if you have any questions, just let me know. Much love to all.
Side Note: I actually typed this entry a few days ago and I have been trying to add pictures, but our computer officially hates me. So I will keep trying to add pictures to posts, but I make no promises.

3 comments:

Cindy said...

Blogging is so easy. Adding pictures depends on the temper of the computer on many days! It's like another child is in the house. Silly comps!

Anyway, sounds like you had a great trip and weekend and birthday.

My advice on Potty Training: Don't bother until they are really ready for it. If not, you only end up with lots of accidents and YOU are the one who is potty trained, not the kid.

Landon just decided on Monday he wanted to finally wear underwear, and he has had a couple of accidents, but has also been very successful. He will go all by himself. I am not the one who is potty training. He is.

Good luck!

Gina

Larsen said...

hey sis and bro,
amen to what gina said. landon is now officially potty trained, although there will be a couple of accidents for a little while. did you have a great 4th? ours was long, exciting, tiring and fun. it almost, that is almost, makes me want to join the military. not now though. talk to you later.

kyle

Josie and Wayne said...

Hey, I found your blog! Cute pictures. You guys are great.